July 2020 News letter
July 14, 2020
South Bristol Children Centre’s are still adapting to the UK new normal situation. Our Centre’s are partly closed due to the current situation, we are still offering food clubs and will remain to support most families remotely. We are now able to offer some sessions with families on an individual basis in the garden or a ventilated room if need be. The nursery schools also remain open to those who have booked a space for their children directly.
Covid 19 Update
Following visits from Bristol city council health and safety officer to all South Bristol Children Centre sites we can confirm we are Covid-19 secure.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here.
- We have cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home. Family support staff will continue to offer remote support over the phone but can now see individual families in the garden or in well ventilated room if need be
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace ensuring food clubs operate outside with social distancing measures in place.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk by working in locality teams.
The Telephone support line is available from Mon-Fri, 9-4 on 07795952621.
SBCC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SouthBristolChildrenCentreHub/
SBCC Website: http://www.southbristolcc.org.uk/
SBCC YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKBoO11l7ASWEA_UuJe6vw?view_as=subscriber
SBCC Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/southbristolchildrenscentre/
Each of our local Centre’s have their own Facebook page, here you can follow along with team members to see what they have been up to.
We would very much appreciate it if you could take the time to fill in our Survey. This will help up us recognise where we can improve our services to the community during the Covid-19 Situation. Please follow the link to complete. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CYGB8RC
You can still contact a Health Visitor by calling the Bristol Advice & Information Service during COVID-19. The number for South Bristol is: 0300 125 6264
The Bristol Breastfeeding Support Team
The breastfeeding support team continue to offer their online virtual support to families across Bristol. Our virtual groups are universal and run Monday – Thursday. We also offer support via phone or video call to families with a new baby in South Bristol. For more information please
check out the Bristol Breastfeeding Facebook page or ask your midwife to refer you. https://www.facebook.com/bristolbreastfeeding
Community Learning are offering a wide range of online courses for people with few or no qualifications. Courses in First Aid, Math’s, English and Arts & Craft’s are available. You can do them with your family, including cooking and much, much more. Check out their website here you can enrol and find out what courses are on offer. www.communitylearningwest.net
Food Clubs Running in the South West of Bristol
Summer Timetable 2020
Secure information and Certificate for staying safe during COVID-19.
Full Risk Assessment Document Covid-19